How to get a UEI
Govly Byte
gov contracting 101

How to get a UEI

Oliver Taylor
April 3, 2022
5 min read

To get a UEI for your organization, you’ll need to visit https://sam.gov/content/entity-registration and select “Get Started”. The only information needed to obtain a UEI is your entity's name and address.

In most cases, your organization will need a UEI (Unique Entity Identifier) to do business with the US federal government. A UEI is a unique identifier assigned to your business based on its registered name and address. A UEI is typically 12 characters in length and contains both letters and numbers.

If you wish to become a prime contractor and do business directly with the US federal government, you’ll be required to get both a UEI and complete an entity registration. Registering your entity is a much more involved and time-consuming process.

If you’d like to learn more about how the US Government’s IT supply chain operates, drop us a line at info@govly.com or follow our LinkedIn page.

Ready to get started?
Access millions of opportunities | View our database of vendors and customers | Partner with the Govly network
Book a demo